Thursday, June 19, 2014

MONDAY, JUNE 16 CHARLIE AT MEETING - ME IN OLD TOWN

Charlie had to be at his meeting near the airport at 8 AM.  He also told Jon (a former post-doc working with him for this meeting) that we'd get him at his hotel and take him to the meeting site.  Kind of early, but all went well.

Once I got myself together, I left the hotel at 9 and drove to Old Town Albuquerque.  I found parking easily.  My only problem was that most of the shops in Old Town didn't begin to open until 9:30 or 10. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular.  I did see beautiful pottery.  I'll save that search for a trip through the pueblo reservations on some future trip.  I ultimately found a lovely malachite ring - nice when it was a surprise. It was a fun wander.  Only a few of the shops were really filled with piles of junk.  Most of the merchandise was interesting.  I did find some fantastic lemonade, and a had a great salad lunch.  Some photos from Old Town before most of the shops were open are below




Back to the hotel for a rest.  At 5 got Charlie from his meeting by the airport.  We drove to a New Mexican restaurant called Cervantes on the airport side of town.  Back to the hotel and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment