Monday, April 1, 2019

MAY 18, 2018 PARIS
I decided I hadn't seen the Louvre in a while, so it became my 1st destination.  It really is an enormous place, and I got turned about.  I never did see the paintings.  Different door?  Entrance?  I set about trying to find the Egyptian things.  After a lot of circling, stair climbing, and map checking, I discovered that the Egyptian section was closed.  There wasn't much notice.  I finally found a tiny sign explaining the closure.  I DID find atria that I didn't know existed that were quite lovely.  I also wandered into Napolean's quarters that I had never seen before. 
Looking toward L'Orangerie from the Louvre

Best view of the exterior was from the interior
Babylonian art - I kept wandering past it searching for the Egyptian art.

A few rooms of Napolean's quarters
There was some wonderful art from the Middle Ages.

One of the atria inside the Louvre.







No comments:

Post a Comment