Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Where did my voice go?

So, I've apparently traded feeling fuzzy for my voice. Given how much I like to talk, the trade seems incredibly unfair. I started this morning with an occasional croak. As the day progressed, my croak took over. I ended my "teaching" day by clapping my hands to get kids attention and rasping out my lesson. It was pathetic. Kids were offering me Halls cough drops, I was slugging down tea (none seemed work), and writing A LOT of things on the board. By the time I staggered home, I figured, as much as this caused me acute pain, I had to stop talking. The horror, the horror. Charlie can't really hear too well, so my croaking wasn't getting through anyway. By the by, he's not too good at charades either. Adios - or frigate - frigate

No comments:

Post a Comment