Saturday, October 30, 2010

ALMOST HALLOWEEN!

I just noticed that I've been blogging for a year.  It doesn't feel that long....

 Charlie and I have a quiet week-end for the first time in several weeks.  Monday, Chuck is on his way to Denver for a quick conference.  He'll be back on Wednesday.  I plan to spend a few weeks not traveling.  As much as I like trekking about, it's nice to have some quiet time in-between.

Tomorrow's Halloween.  We never get many kids here.  A neighbor a few houses away has two small children, Dante and Molly.  Those two and a loyal Hispanic family are about the only ones who trick or treat on our street.  We saw Dante and his dad the other day and asked him what kind of candy he liked.  He told us that he really liked candy corns.  Since he is almost our only customer, we bought him (and his sister) a special candy-corn bag.  We also have a huge bag of regular trick-or-treat sized candies.  When our loyal Hispanic family shows up - they'll get handfuls of those.  That way Charlie and I can avoid 2 pounds of candy (we'll just have 1 pound left)

No comments:

Post a Comment