Tuesday, October 19, 2010

MONDAY - WALK TO THE LOUVRE







Charlie and Geoff went to the university in the morning after a lovely cafe-creme and a croissant.  They went off in one direction and I plodded off in the other.  I took lots of photos - see attached - and then went to the Louvre.  I hadn't been there in years, and hadn't spent enough time the last time I was there.  Since I had the whole day, it was a great, trip.  I had lunch there.  Then, in a Brownian-walk kind of way, met Charlie and Geoff after the student's PhD exam - the reason for this trip in the first place.  Maude is very nice, and did very well.  We tried Chestnut wine.  I think I'll stick to the regular grape kind in future.  We had a late night Thai dinner snack.  Today, Tuesday, our last full day here.  Tomorrow after many hours - back to LA.  Will the strike get us?  Not really.  We plan on spending tonight close to the airport to avoid any city stoppages.

No comments:

Post a Comment