Monday, June 25, 2012

TRIP TO VERMONT - DAY 1 FLIGHT OUT

On Tuesday, June 19, Charlie and I flew to Boston.  He had a meeting near White River Junction, Vermont, and I was on holiday!  Hurray.  A chance to go with him on one of his trips.  I had managed to delay my jury duty from June 11 to July 30 (Thank-goodness!!!)  so 1.) I could get to my finals 2.) get to graduation with many of my seniors who've I known for 4 years 3.) get to my luncheon for the Hartsough award that I won.  The luncheon was incredibly nice.  What an amazing club to get to belong to.  Between my sons teachers and my work there, I've known many of the teachers for years.  They are a wonderful set of people, and I'm really honored.

We left the house early and drove to pick up a graduate student from Cal Tech that was going to the meeting too, Jonathan Mihaly.  We left LAX at about 9:30 and got to Boston at 5:30.  We flew over the fires in Colorado, and I managed to get some photos from the plane.

The only real snag was picking up a rental car.  There weren't any problems - it just took forever.  We got on the road at about 6:30, and didn't get to Quechee Inn (in Quechee, Vt) (pronounced Kwee Chee).  Our room was upstairs in a corner.  Very nice.  Only odd bit - it was a bed with a canopy.  What were those for?? In the middle-ages, curtains were dropped along the edge for privacy and warmth.  But now?  It had a net over the canopy.  Charlie said it seemed like we were sleeping in a tunnel.  I guessed it would be very useful if the ceiling began to collapse.  Other odd bit, getting in at night we couldn't see where we were.

No comments:

Post a Comment